1 Year Fixed, 37 Hours, Band 5, Term Time Only plus specified days
Salary: £19,312 (pro rata) Actual: £16,610.92
New Silksworth Academy are seeking to appoint a committed and highly effective Classroom Assistant who will contribute to meeting the needs of all pupils in all aspects of the Primary Curriculum and the wider life of the school. The successful applicant will become part of a forward thinking stand out school which became part of the Extol Academy Trust on 1st September 2016.
The successful candidate should have:
• The ability to work with groups and individual pupils under the guidance of a teacher
• The ability to inspire, engage and motivate children to learn
• Experience of working with Primary School Children across all Key Stages
• A good knowledge and understanding of the Primary Curriculum
• A good knowledge and understanding of intervention
• High expectations and experience of working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability. In return, we can offer:
• A strong supportive and inclusive school ethos
• A talented and hardworking staff team
• A committed approach to school improvement and development of all staff
New Silksworth Academy as part of Extol Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people.
• This post is subject to safer recruitment measures and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended) and requires an Enhanced check to be made through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
• As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
• Applicants must have the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English.
Please email completed application forms FAO the Headteacher, Emma Robins to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to New Silksworth Academy, Blind Lane, New Silksworth, Sunderland, SR3 1AS. Correct postage costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st June 2021 (9.00am)
Shortlisting: Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews will be held: Friday 25th June 2021